Volunteer Opportunities with Knitted Knockers UK
FINANCE AND FUNDRAISING ASSISTANT (Volunteer Position)
KKUK looking for someone/two people to act as Finance and Fundraising Assistant(s).
Responsibilities will include:
- processing expenses payments, and recording in the accounting software
- recording donations received, and sending thank you letters
- managing the fundraising resources, and supplying collection boxes
- liaising with the PR team, to ensure that the fundraising and PR messages remain consistent.
The tasks may be split into fundraising and finance, depending on skills and experience.
We are looking for people with the following skills and experience:
- knowledge of charity finance and/or fundraising
- knowledge of gift aid systems
- working knowledge of excel and word (or equivalent)
- good numeracy and accuracy
- good communicator
Appropriate training will be provided in the specific accounting software in use by the charity.
If you are interested or would like further information please email Deb Wright, Charity Secretary at email@example.com
Knit/Crochet for us
Thank you for your interest.
Applications for Knockerettes (those who wish to knit or crochet for us) are currently closed, although we hope to be able to re-open them shortly. Please do check this page and our social media regularly for updates on when applications will open.
Please note that in order to Knit or Crochet for us, you must have access to Facebook.
All our Knockers are knitted to order so we are unable to accept donations of knockers from knitting groups.
All our volunteer Knocker knitters and crocheters (Knockerettes) are required to make the knockers to our patterns (available once your application has been processed and accepted) and must reach the required standard. Our closed Facebook group is there to support you. All our knitted knockers are made in the round using DPNs or circular needles.
If you are interested in knowing why some of our supporters decided to become volunteers for Knitted Knockers UK, see our Why Volunteer? section.
Want to support us in another way?
Watch this space for more information on how to join our group of volunteers as a supporter (non-knitter or crocheter).